<Festivaly / Festivals
Call for Aritsts: Conflux 2006|
2006-03-31 until 2006-04-10
GlowLab - McCaig-Welles Gallery
Brooklyn, NY, USA United States of America
CONFLUX 2006 - September 14 - 17. 2006 Conflux is the annual New York City festival where visual and sound artists, writers, urban adventurers, researchers and the public gather for four days to explore the physical and psychological landscape of the city. Say hello to Brooklyn! In 2006, Conflux will be held in Brooklyn for the first time. McCaig-Welles Gallery in Williamsburg will serve as our headquarters, with events taking place in and around the gallery. Conflux 2006 is produced by Glowlab and curated by Glowlab and iKatun.
HOW TO APPLY
Please read the guidelines below, and enter your submission online at:
10 April, 2006, 11:59pm EST
CONFLUX SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Participants in Conflux share an interest in psychogeography [ en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychogeography ]. Projects presented range from interpretations of the classical approach developed by the Situationists to emerging artistic, conceptual and technology-based practices.
At Conflux, participants, along with attendees and the public, put these investigations into action on the city streets. The city becomes a playground, a laboratory and a space for the development of new networks and communities.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Here are examples of the types of projects and events we're looking for:
- exploratory drifts/dérives
- walks with hacked maps or experimental navigation techniques
- alt.tours by foot, bike, subway, bus
- social/environmental research and fieldwork
- temporary public-space installations/interventions
- performance projects
- street games
- mobile-tech/locative media projects
- social networking projects that focus on cities and urban life
- project presentations, panel discussions and lectures.
- film/video works for a film series event.
- audio projects and musical performances for night events
Projects may take place in the neighborhood surrounding the gallery, in other public-space locations in NYC, in the gallery or in a different venue you provide.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not doing an exhibition this year. You may provide handouts, maps, flyers, etc. for your project but not artwork for the walls. There will be wi-fi in the galler